The Norwegian Ministry of Agriculture and Food adopted the 1st of July 2016 a new regulation concerning temporary measures to reduce the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease.
Main content of the new regulation:
- Prohibition of export of live cervids from Norway
- Authorization requirements for movements of cervids between counties
- Prohibition of import and use of urine lures imported from countries with CWD
- Prohibition of depositing licking stones and feeding of wild cervids
- Extended duty to notify for owners and transporters of cervids
- Some derogations are made for domestic reindeer
- Applies until 1. of January 2017
Regulation concerning temporary measures to reduce the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)
Did you find this article useful?