Research and development

Published 01.06.2015     Modified 17.09.2020

Unauthorized plant protection products (e.g. products with new active substances and/or new compositions) that are in the development stage may be tested experimentally through planned trials. To apply for derogations for research and development, you have to send an application according to article 54 in the plant protection products Regulation (EC) No. 1107/2009.

Requirements and application form

Use the following templates:

You will find requirements for the application in the application form.

The application should be submitted as an attachment to


We will charge you with a fee for evaluating your application of derogation. You will find the fee (“dispensasjoner”) in attachment 1, chapter III, part B in forskrift om betaling av gebyrer for særskilte ytelser fra Mattilsynet (Norwegian).

Did you find this article useful?